Bokura no Shokutaku || 僕らの食卓 (Japan, 2023) - Episode 9

Bokura no Shokutaku || 僕らの食卓 (Japan, 2023) - Episode 9





Bokura no Shokutaku ||Servant らの aka Our Table, Bokura no Shokutaku (Japan, 2023, current rating of MDL 8.2, current number of viewers: 7,501 – 26.5.2023). Topics - life, food, family. The series is based on a manga.

It's about the difficulties that come with the death of a parent. We can see an office worker here, although it's not an office romance (I still appreciate that it's a thing). Showing gay leads, gay romance of course - a very sweet story (just saying).


brief synopsis:

Yutaka (Y.) possesses a talent as a cook, but finds it difficult to eat around others. That all changes when he meets Minoru (M.) and Tane (T.), two brothers with many years of age difference, who ask him to teach them how to cook delicious food! Yutaka soon discovers that he is changing his mind and starts looking forward to having dinner together.

episode 8 - may contain spoilers:

 M. has been regretting the fact that he accidentally kissed Y. the day before they were due to break up. Y. Also unable to handle unexpected events. The two could no longer have any contact, and the days were very unhappy. Finally, they decide to take the plunge and meet up. M. apologizes to Yutaka for his kiss and reveals that he and T. actually met before Y. gave him rice balls at the park. Y. then told him his true feelings which he had kept secret before. Episode 8 brought me to tears. Misunderstanding, fear. I can't wait for the next episode. I am totally hooked. I like all three. One of the cutest bl. Considering we're done with 8/10 episodes of the show... time flies. When I first saw these, I thought the series was going to be a short 4 or 5 episode series. But when I saw it had 10 episodes on mydramalist, when I saw the quality of this show, I wanted more each episode. I want more episodes here or 2nd season.

Eighth episode, so many feelings. Funny to see Yutaka's eyes following the confession. When Minoru began to say his final goodbye, the acting and scene were so superb and tragic. I was feeling so sad, frightened, and anxious.

I'm delighted Minoru finally came clean, but I'm not surprised by Yutaka's stunned expression—if it were me, I'd be wearing the same look. Before meeting the Ueda family, Yutaka had never experienced such affection and kindness. He needs time to comprehend because it happened all of a sudden and he initially believed that no one could ever love him. Even though he didn't truly see Minoru's face amid his anguish, he DID talk to him because Yutaka was preoccupied with caring for and comforting little Tane. I'm happy they'll explain everything in the upcoming episode. 20 minutes passed by quite quickly.

Yutaka has experienced rejection and a lonely life. He has never known the adoration and care of a true family or passionate love. In the manga, Yutaka says that he wanted to be loved as well because he had always believed that no one could love him, which is why he is astonished, uneasy, and perplexed.

Too few episodes are produced! The drama finishes just when it's engulfing me in itself. In any case, the leads did an outstanding job acting. in particular Iijima Hiroki. I'm in awe of how much he conveyed with his eyes and tiny facial movements. I adored it!

People claim that they believe Inukai Atsuhiro's BL contracts contain a "no kiss clause" similar to the one that Akaso Eiji had in Cherry Magic. Since this drama is so beautiful and great, if that is the case, I'll be honest and say I'm okay with it. Although the kiss in the manga is a lovely moment, I won't mind if there isn't one as long as the appropriate feelings are present. Additionally, as I've already stated, speculation is all there is.

 Inukai-kun and Hiroki-kun are doing an amazing job playing their characters. It was difficult to watch them pass an indescribable emotion of tenderness for each other, but I'm happy they did it the way they did. I don't think a kiss is essential in this story, and if there is a clause like that, (which I doubt) I respect the actors' decision.

episode 9 - may contain spoilers:

Yutaka's sweet confession is in the next episode! In the teaser video on the official website, Feng said that he has learned a new way of love in his heart, referring to his true feelings about reality. I can't wait to see that scene in the park and see how Yutaka will confess in his cute and shy way.

Somewhere in the process he's going to run away from the confession or from the situation itself, as we can see from the trailer.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A List of the Office Romance BL SERIES: Boss-Employee Relationship, Office Setting, Love Between Colleagues, Intern Male Lead, Bodyguards, Servants (LGBTQIA+ AudioVisuals SERIES DRAMA | 2023 edit)

A List of the Enemies to Lovers BL (LGBTQIA+ AudioVisuals SERIES DRAMA | 2023 edit)

About 10th episode of The Promise สัญญา I ไม่ลืม (Thailand, 2023)

Bokura no Shokutaku || 僕らの食卓 (Japan, 2023) - Episode 8

About 9th Episode of The Promise สัญญา I ไม่ลืม (Thailand, 2023)

Bokura no Shokutaku (BL, Japan, 2023) final review

A List of the Long Time Crush BL (LGBTQIA+ AudioVisuals SERIES DRAMA | 2023 edit)

FINAL REVIEW: The Promise สัญญา I ไม่ลืม (2023): How comes that out of series worth of 8.1 Episode in a span of two last episodes happens series rated 7.4